Cattails: Wildwood Story heading to Switch in 2024
Well how about cat?
The original Cattails came to Switch back in 2018 and gave Switch owners a chance to play as a feral cat that roams the expansive wilderness. That game was apparently a big hit, as a sequel is now in the works, and its already been funded through Kickstarter.
Cattails: Wildwood Story was looking for just $30k to come to Switch, but the Kickstarter has already amassed 5 times as much, so the game is officially heading our way. It doesn’t come out until 2024, so there’s a bit of waiting involved, but at least we know the game is a lock for Switch.
As for more details on Cattails: Wildwood Story, you can get the complete breakdown below.
Lead your colony of cats into the mysterious Wildwood. Stalk prey to find food, defend your new home from dark intruders, and discover fresh herbs & ancient treasures. Build a thriving town for all cats to call home. Get to know the residents, fall in love, and raise a litter of kittens!
Become a cat! Experience life as a feral feline in a strange wilderness. Prowl through dense forests, murky swamps, rocky highlands, and sandy beaches in search of rare herbs and delicious prey. Build and customize your colony’s base of operations and attract new residents to grow a prosperous community. Meet a personality-filled cast of unique cats and bring back gifts from your travels to make friends!
Life in the Wildwood is constant give and take: there is both a bounty of resources to harvest and endless challenges to overcome. Under the dark eaves of the trees, sinister shadows lurk, ready to strike at the unwary. You must protect your colony from the threat that lies at the heart of the land.
- Befriend, date, or marry one of unique cats!
- Customize your character with the all-new Coat Studio
- Fight evil voidling creatures and new hostile prey with the improved real-time combat system
- Tend to your garden to grow the best quality herbs to use, gift, or sell
- New mechanics for building, growing, and customizing your very own colony of cats
- Two hours of original kitten-inspired music by veteran composer Tormod Garvin
- Delve deep into the heart of the earth to seek treasure in the dangerous mines
- Raise a litter of kittens!