New content breaches Switch next month
Into the Breach was a critical darling when it first launching, garnering all sorts of praise and awards for its excellent take on turn-based strategy. While the base game offered more than enough fun, developer Subset Games has announced that even more content is on the way with a free update.
An ‘Advanced Edition’ free update is coming on July 19th, 2022, and it brings with it a wealth of new content, tweaks, and more. You can see a complete breakdown of what’s included in this update below.
- New Mechs and Weapons: Five new mech squads and nearly forty new weapons.
- New Challenges: More enemies, more bosses, and more mission objectives that add additional challenge and variety to any run.
- New Pilot Abilities: The expanded roster includes four new pilots and triple the amount of skills any pilot can earn through promotions.
- Adding support for 7 more languages: Arabic, Thai, Swedish, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, and Spanish (Latin American).
Along with that, a physical edition is making its way to Switch as well! This version will launch on Oct. 21st, 2022, and is priced at just $35. Here’s what you can expect to find in the package.
- Into the Breach game card
- two sticker sheets
- folded poster
- reversible cover art
- color instruction booklet
If this seems like a physical release you want to add to your collection, grab yourself a pre-order here.