The name IronFall: Invasion might ring a bell for some Nintendo fans out there, as the game originally landed on 3DS back in 2015. There was quite a buzz surrounding the game at the time, as it was quite a looker for the 3DS. If you missed out on that version of the game, you’ll be happy to know that a Switch version is in the pipeline, and you can check out first footage of it above.
IronFall: Invasion is a third-person shooter that equips you with an arsenal of destructive weapons. Get ready to take cover and repel an invasion of alien robots in the fight if your life!
For a more in-depth look at what IronFall: Invasion has to offer, you can check out some extensive alpha gameplay from the Switch version below. As for details on the tech upgrades from the 3DS version, you can find notes on that below.
- Décor textures = x4 compared to 3DS (up to 4096*4096 for the Floor and Wall)
- Character textures = x8 compared to 3DS (4096*4096 for all)
- Modeling of Characters / Objects improved
- Shader with Physical lighting
- Global Illumination and Ambient Occlusion
- Reflection Map for each room, with Box Projection Mapping (Much better than the old Nintendo 3DS tech)
- Post FX, Vignette, Bloom, Color Adjustment
- Modern Control with Dual Stick (Completely Configurable)
- Cover to Cover
- Turn on Corner Cover
- Faster Movement (at least 25% faster than on 3DS)
- RollOver (Immortal during Movement)
- Lock System for the Aim on an Enemy