Coming from Masahiro Sakurai...
- was picked as a roster addition because he’s the most popular Final Fantasy character by far
- since Cloud holds the huge Buster Sword with one hand lightly, that means he excels in all of power, speed, and range
- with such stats he would be breaking the game balance
- the team made his moveset to be heavily based on swinging
- Limit Break was added to represent Final Fantasy VIl
- Sakurai thought they were adding too many characters from Fire Emblem
- after speaking with the development staff, he was assured that Corrin would make for an interesting fighter
- top choice in votes in terms of a character Nintendo could actually negotiate to have in the game
- had some problems in terms of moving her from Bayonetta to Smash Bros.
- this is why she's a combo-oriented character
- also had trouble not raising the game's rating due to Bayonetta's sexual nature