Coming from an EDGE interview with Eiji Aonuma...
- E3 2014 video was running in real time and in-engine
- the scene shown was made especially for the trailer
- the scene with Link shooting arrows at the Guardian on his horse, jumping off, and firing off one last arrow in mid-air at the enemy in slow motion, was a gameplay element that hadn't yet been implemented
- Aonuma “really wanted to put that in the game” and made this happen as development went on
- the team expanded on the game's story as well, which was brought about from the E3 2014 trailer
“After creating the trailer, I really wanted to put that in the game. So I ended up making it come true. There’s a lot I learned from that trailer. Once we’d put that element in the game, it made us think: what else can we do with this enemy? How else could we fight it? It expanded to new story ideas as well. The trailer became the basis for the whole game.”