The following information comes from SuperData...
- during July, global digital game sales rose to $5.9 billion, up 10 percent from July 2015
- Pokémon GO helped drive the mobile category to 16 percent growth from a year ago
- Pokémon GO surpassed Monster Strike as the top mobile game
- Pokémon GO is the most successful mobile launch in history
- the game shot to first place in both top-grossing and top-download rankings for every country it launched in
“Nintendo’s mobile strategy ended up paying off exactly as intended. 3DS unit sales rose by over 50 percent from a year ago, an astonishing feat for underpowered hardware nearing the end of its lifespan. Furthermore, sales of 3DS games boomed. Combined sales of Pokémon Omega Red and Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon X and Y (2015 and 2013 releases) nearly doubled. Pokémon Go is the only factor that can explain jumps in sales of this magnitude. We are optimistic that mobile spin-offs for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing will have a positive impact on Nintendo’s ecosystem.”