- Zelda: Breath of the Wild sold 2.76 million units on Switch worldwide
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Switch + Wii U sales worldwide sits at 3.84 million units
- 1-2-Switch has been "generating buzz"
- Switch sold 2.74 million units
- Switch software sold 5.46 million units
- predicting 10 million Switch units sold from April 2017 to March 2018
- predicting 35 million units of Switch software sold from April 2017 to March 2018
- predicting 6 million units of 3DS hardware sold from April 2017 to March 2018
- predicting 40 million units of 3DS software sold from April 2017 to March 2018
- predicting 3 million units of Wii U software sold from April 2017 to March 2018
- Pokemon Sun/Moon sales are at 15.44 million units
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS sold 2.34 million units
- Kirby: Planet Robobot sold 1.36 million units
- worldwide sales volume for the Nintendo 3DS hardware this period was 7.27 million units
- this is a 7% increase on a year-on-year basis
- 3DS sold 820k in 4th quarter
- 3DS software sold 8.3 million in 4th quarter
- 3DS software sales volume reached 55.08 million units (14% increase on a year-on-year basis)
- Wii U software sales volume during this period was 14.8 million units (46% decrease on a year-on-year basis)
- Wii U hardware sales were 760 thousand units (77% decrease on a year-on-year basis)
- amiibo sales hit 9.1 million units for figure-type and 9.3 million units for card-type
- amiibo total lifetime sales worldwide are 82.5
- figure-type amiibo have sold 44.3 million and card-type amiibo have sold 38.2 million
- digital sales were down to a large extent on the same period last year
- operating profit of 489.0 billion yen against net sales of 29.3 billion yen
- 73.4% of the total sales were overseas
- 50.3 billion yen share of profit of entities accounted for using the equity method related to The Pokémon Company and other investments, resulting in an ordinary profit of 20.2 billion yen
- due to the sale of part of the equity in the Mariners, Nintendo sales of investment securities totaled 64.5 billion yen as extraordinary income
- net profit attributable to owners of parent was 102.5 billion yen
- total assets increased by 172.0 billion yen compared to the prior fiscal year-end to 1,468.9 billion yen
- total liabilities increased by 82.0 billion yen compared to the prior fiscal year-end to 218.0 billion yen
- net assets increased by 90.0 billion yen compared to the prior fiscal year-end to 1,250.9 billion yen
- ending balance of “Cash and cash equivalents” (collectively, “Cash”) as of March 31, 2017 was 330.9 billion yen
- this saw an increase of 72.8 billion yen during the fiscal year
- during the prior fiscal year, there was a decrease of 23.4 billion yen
- 114.7 billion yen of profit before income taxes and other factors
- net cash resulted in an increase of 19.1 billion yen compared to an increase of 55.1 billion yen during the prior year
- Net cash from investing activities increased by 69.5 billion yen compared to a decrease of 71.7 billion yen during the prior year
- net cash from financing activities decreased by 14.4 billion yen compared to a decrease of 2.9 billion yen during the prior year
- Nintendo will maintain favorable conditions surrounding Switch by providing a continuous stream of appealing third-party titles across varying genres
- the aim is to stimulate the platform and expand sales going into the holiday season this year
- total sales volume for the Nintendo 3DS hardware worldwide has surpassed 66 million units
- with 3DS, Nintendo will strive to maintain the momentum of the platform and to reach a broader audience, including females and children, across the world
- with mobile, Nintendo will provide new game applications and also content updates for existing titles
- project a net sales of 750.0 billion yen, an operating profit of 65.0 billion yen, an ordinary profit of 60.0 billion yen and a net profit attributable to owners of parent of 45.0 billion yen
Nintendo strives to create new and unique forms of entertainment while maintaining a robust business structure. Nintendo places the highest emphasis on providing consumers with innovative entertainment that has never been experienced. With the belief in our mission to put smiles on people's faces around the world through products and services, our company group will focus on expanding the population that can experience Nintendo IP by offering products that can be enjoyed by everyone regardless of age, gender or gaming experience.
In accordance with our basic strategy, we will drive continual growth for Nintendo by expanding the dedicated video game business and establishing the smart-device business. For our dedicated video game business, our unique hardware-software integrated business with focus on software will continue to constitute the core business for Nintendo and we will actively seek to invest resources in our Nintendo-specific platform business.
In order to expand the scope of our business, we will seek to strengthen our business foundation, generate synergy with our dedicated video game business and maximize business for Nintendo as a whole by building our smart-device
business into one of our major pillars of profit.
In addition to our gaming business, we are also making active use of Nintendo IP by providing theme park attractions using our characters, showing off our characters through video content and merchandising, and in collaborations with our partner companies.
Through these efforts, we are hoping to pursue every business possibility and add value to our company by actively offering Nintendo IP in a variety of different ways so that not only current players of our video games but all consumers - including those who used to play our games but currently do not and even those who have never played our video games before - can experience Nintendo IP.
We will continue to flexibly transform ourselves by adapting to changing times while constantly valuing the spirit of originality based on the belief that the "true value of entertainment lies in its uniqueness" - and will endeavor to continue providing products and services that people will be surprised and delighted by.