The following comes from an IGN interview with Psyonix's Vice President Jeremy Dunham and Producer Bobby Garza...
- aiming to make sure the game runs at 60 fps docked and undocked
- will have every feature all of the other versions have, including Season mode, Hoops, Drop Shot, Rumble, and Snowday
- supports local multiplayer for up to eight Switch
- will also allow for up to four players to play splitscreen when the Switch is docked and two when undocked
- "aiming for" 60 fps in splitscreen, but will provide exact numbers closer to launch
- exploring the inclusion of HD rumble
- devs weren't sure the game could work on Switch, but were determined to try after seeing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe