- Feels exactly like a main entry in the Pikmin franchise
- Simple, responsive controls
- Plenty to do, see, and collect
- Fantastic soundtrack
- Pikmin atmosphere is spot-on
- graphics are nice, if not ho-hum
- some might feel limited by only having 20 Pikmin per level
Hey! Pikmin might be a spin-off in the eyes of most, but it is well worth your time. If you're a Pikmin fan, even just a tiny bit, you should certainly check this game out. The mechanics of collecting Pikmin, exploring, and solving puzzles are all retained here, albeit with a different perspective. The overall scale has been dialed back a bit, but what you get here is definitely Pikmin. Most importantly, the vibe of the entire Pikmin franchise is very present here. Outside of some lackluster graphics, Hey! Pikmin is a fantastic package. As the first portable outing for the franchise, the experience is an undeniable success.