The following info comes from a Famitsu interview with Capcom's Ryota Niitsuma, as translated by NintendoEverything...
- Capcom planned to make amiibo for Resident Evil Revelations
- work progressed until the phase where they made the 3D models and could pose them
- characters considered were HUNK and Lady HUNK
- “various circumstances” caused Capcom to pull the plug
- Resident Evil Revelations director Koushi Nakanishi did indicate that he still has some interest in making the amiibo
- in the retail versions of Revelations 1 & 2, any amiibo can be scanned
- if you use amiibo that are Capcom characters, you can get something slightly better