The following data analysis comes from IHS Markit...
- Nintendo is expected to have a larger share of the console market than Microsoft this year
- $10 billion was spent globally on Xbox hardware, software and services in 2017
- spending on Nintendo products was around $8 billion
- this is double what Nintendo did in 2016, while Microsoft actually saw a slight year-on-year dip
- Nintendo products and services should be over $11 billion in 2018, while Microsoft is expected to dip to around $9 billion
- growth for Nintendo is expected to detract from spending on both Xbox and PlayStation
- Spending on PlayStation products and services rose to well over $20 billion in 2017