The following info comes from a Game Informer interview with Reggie Fils-Aime...
- when Reggie first saw the Switch, he thought it would provide experiences never seen before
- Nintendo is truly appreciative of how fans have reacted to Switch thus far, and says Nintendo is "only getting started"
- Reggie says if was "critically important" to have a strong Nintendo IP at launch, which was Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Reggie says he saw the Switch's power to transform how people play when he saw another passenger on a flight playing Switch
- Switch sales in 2017 were at 5.94 million in the Americas alone
- Reggie says Nintendo was able to increase Switch shipments toward the end of 2017, and they continue to have ample supplies
- Reggie says Switch has both quality/quality in terms of third party support, and companies are embracing the unique features
- Reggie says Nintendo is looking forward to providing a "robust online experience" for Switch users with Switch Online this Sept.