We still don't know if StarFox: Grand Prix is legit, but the rumored info keeps flowing. Now we have a batch of details from Liam Robertson, who's known to share leaked/inside info in the past.
Liam reached out to use to make something very clear. The details below are the rumors he has heard going around, and isn't claiming them to be 100% true. They could indeed end up being true, but as of right now, it's just speculation.
- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game is based on the arwing (which differentiates it from F-Zero)
- He was told the title “Star Fox Grand Prix” was a tentative title
- The game is a mixture between classic Star Fox and racing
- You shoot enemies to propel forward and get combos; you can shoot other players too
- Each Grand Prix is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track
- It has a big hub area where you can interact with the Star Fox characters
- You pick up new missions at the hub and there’s story content to go through
- The game looks really really good in motion
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong
- heard it was a 2019 game, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was a 2018 game