Kosuke Yabuki has provided a blog update on The Legend of Zelda portal in Japan, in which he talks about the release of the Breath of the Wild content for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Details from the blog are below.
- when Link does a Jump Action, he waves a Guardian Sword++ a
- when he glides, the Paraglider pops out
- the Master Cycle Zero can go off-road, and it has powerful drifts and jumps
- plenty of developers who worked on The Legend of Zelda series ended up on the Mario Kart team
- also, plenty of developers who previously worked on The Legend of Zelda series have experience with Mario Kart games
- one day Eiji Aonuma came to see him, and told him: “I’m thinking of putting a bike in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."
- after playing “The Champions’ Ballad”, Yabuki thought that he would love to see the Master Cycle Zero in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- the wheels turn on their side during anti-gravity sections
- the team paid particular attention to the design of the mechanical parts and the Paraglider’s cloth