1. It is, the entire point of my comment is about system sales. If something doens't sell over 2 million at this point, (if its a Japan focused game of course its goals are different), probably not going to be a system seller.
2. It did sell better than expected, that was my point, I was explaining why NSMBU likely can't do what DKCTF did. Also remember DKCTF sold less initially so it had more potential new customers (than NSMBU).
3. Smash has always been that big, Meelee was the best selling GCN game.
4. NSMBU again was a launch title and bundled, 1-2 Switch would have been lucky to break 1 million if it launched in September. NSMB2 was the last time that style of game sold amazing, 2D Mario can still do well, but people are tiring of the same style over and over again. Same exact thing happened with 3D Mario, Nintendo creatively reinvented it, and look how well Odyssey is doing.
5. Sure I do too. Thats 15.2 million units sold, now Nintendo has to sell 4.8 million Switches in the worst quarter for video game sales. I think it did a bit better than 10 million, but even if it did 12.8 million, 2 million Switches is a lot for a quarter where their only "big" game is a Wii U port. Something like an FE would be enough to push it over, but they need that one game.
6. I hope its FE, since that was originally supposed to be 2018 so the hope would be it wouldnt have been pushed back that far. YW has historically sold a lot of systems for 3DS, but its momentum has slowed down a lot due to over-saturation. The hope is 4 will be enough to reinvent it (HD, more mature audience) and make it a system seller again, but who knows. I would also bring up DQ XI S but its seeming like that won't be until Summer likely, or later.