Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid seems like it's going to be a pretty interesting title for fighting game fans. While it may not be a big-budget release, it's very clear that developer nWay is taking it seriously. nWay Senior Product Manager Jesse Cherry talked about numerous features for the upcoming title in an interview with DualShockers, and we have the details below.
- the game will get additional characters and other aspects through Season Passes,
- nWay has their own ideas for additional things they would like to continue to do
- the team has “design specs ready to go”
- that content all depends on how well the game is received and how many people are playing
- if the support from players is there, the devs plan to move ahead on extra content
nWay also opened up about the potential for eSports support with Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.
“Esports is always a complicated thing. As a studio, of course. There’s always that potential, but we want the audience to see if they want that. It is there. We’ve worked on it and put it on Twitter and worked with Justin Wong. He’s given us feedback and helped us create a high-caliber game, but we’ll just have to wait and see. Would I love to? We’ve actually done a lot of esports stuff with Power Rangers: Legacy Wars and I would love to keep doing that with this new game but we’ll have to see how that goes. If the want is there we’ll definitely dive right into that.”
Moving on, the discussion lead to the topic of story-based content for the game.
- there will be a story mode
- more details on this will be shared in the future
“In terms of what we want to do for Power Rangers fans, similar to what we’ve done in our previous projects, we are grabbing from different eras of Power Rangers. I would say a big, important part for us is to make sure that people that left the brand or stopped watching the show at different times will have elements in Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid that will bring them back and then we can introduce them new interesting stuff.”
- characters were chosen based on fan input
- some were chosen to surprise fans
- the devs would not confirm whether actors will return to reprise their roles