With how well the Switch is doing, we hear about devs bringing their games to the platform nearly every single day. That's why it was so surprising to learn that Song of Memories, originally announced for Switch months back, ended up being cancelled. We never got an explanation for that cancellation until just now. Check out what developer Yasuo Omote had to say about the whole situation.
- the team had a lot of trouble with licensing during development on the Switch version
- Omote believes they could take it on themselves, but they don’t have the resources for it right now
- development costs and the associated burdens would be too much
- there's an issue of whether or not E-mote will function properly on Switch
- the game has 12 E-mote objects displaying on one screen on the PlayStation 4
- the situation is out of PQube’s hands