Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition is hitting the Switch later this year, and it includes a number of enhancements over the original release. Square-Enix has shared more details on the upcoming Switch version, as well as some new screens.
- play with 3D or 2D visuals, and change between the two at almost any time
- features orchestral music, though only for select tracks (these can be turned off)
- various party members will travel by your side on the field
- party members are voiced during cutscenes, dialogue scenes, and during battles (this can be turned off)
- includes additional stories, each featuring one of the party members as protagonist