AI: The Sominum Files is set to launch worldwide for Switch on July 25th, 2019. A North American-exclusive “Special Agent Edition” will be available for $89.99, and it includes the following.
- A copy of AI: The Somnium Files for PlayStation 4 or Switch
- A-set acrylic stand – Approx. six inches tall
- Outer box – Original Artwork by character designer Yusuke Kozaki
- THOUGHTS REMaiN BELOW art book – 30-plus pages of sketchesand concept art
- REVERIES IN THE RaiN soundtrack
- A-set’s #1 fan stickers – Three vinyl stickers
The mind never lies…
In a near-future Tokyo, detective Kaname Date is on the case of a mysterious serial killer. Date must investigate crime scenes as well as dreams on the hunt for clues. From the mind of Kotaro Uchikoshi (Zero Escape series director), with character design by the Yusuke Kozaki (No More Heroes, Fire Emblem series), a thrilling neonoir detective adventure is about to unfold.
One rainy night in November, a woman’s body is found at an abandoned theme park, mounted on a merry-go-round horse. She had been stabbed repeatedly, and her left eye was gouged out.
Kaname Date of the Metropolitan Police Department arrives on the scene. He recognizes the woman. Suddenly, he hears a noise from inside the merry-go-round.
He breaks into the merry-go-round’s central column to find a young girl. And in her hands, she grips a bloody ice pick…
Set in a near-future Tokyo.
Real-world settings and science fiction elements.
Travel between dreams and reality to investigate crimes.
Name: Iris Sagan
Voice Actor: Jackie Lastra (English), Nao Shiraki (Japanese)
Profession: High School Senior/ Internet Idol
Iris is an internet idol (musician) belonging to the entertainment office Lemniscate. Her stage name is “A-set,” but her fans call her “Tesa.”
Name: Ota Matsushita
Voice Actor: Zach Aguilar (English), Natsumi Fujiwara (Japanese)
Profession: Light Novel Author (Self-Declared)
Voice Actor: Corina Boettger (English), Tomoyo Kurosawa (Japanese)
Profession: 6th Grader
Name: Aiba (AI-Ball)
Voice Actor: Erika Harlacher (English), Akari Kito (Japanese)
Sex: Female (According to Settings)
Occupation: Investigation Assistant
Info from Kotaro Uchikoshi, Director, and Akira Okada, Designer
- wanted to create a game mainly for adventure game fans. That was my main goal in creating this.”
- wanted to create a game where you solve the mysteries
- Date’s artificial eye has special powers that will aid you in your investigation
- Date can extract information by entering a person’s memories
- unexpected things may happen when diving into a memory
- set in near-future Tokyo
- the game is generally serious, but has fun parts and gags, as well as heartwarming moments