Following the Wall Street Journal's report on two supposed Switch redesigns, Eurogamer has put up a feature that shares a few more tidbits on the topic. They say their info comes from 'sources close to Nintendo,' so do with that what you will.
- Nintendo is hoping to cater to the same two audiences it served with 2DS and New 3DS XL
- the cheaper option is aimed at casual gamers currently still using the 3DS
- the unit's design will be sturdier than the current Switch model in order to be "kid-proof"
- costs will be driven down by the removal of several features
- this model will be handheld only
- on the model with better specs, the bump will be comparable to 3DS to New 3DS
To wrap things up, Nintendo also provided a statement when asked about these rumors. As expected, Nintendo had nothing to say.
"We have made no announcements and we do not comment on rumour and speculation."