We knew that Samurai Shodown was going to hit Switch in Q4 2019, but today SNK has been a bit more specific about release plans. While PS4/XB1 get the game in June, Switch and PC will have to wait until WInter 2019. Hopefully we get a more specific release date in the near future.
Along with release talk, SNK shared a bunch of other details about the game. Check out a summary of the new info below.
- available both physically and digitally for 7,200 yen
- digital Deluxe Pack including a Season Pass for 9,000 yen
- Season Pas includes four additional characters
- these characters can be purchased separately as well
- early purchase of the Standard Edition / Deluxe Pack gets you a “Retro 3D: Haohmaru” downloadable costume
- early purchase of the Deluxe Pack / Season Pass Bonus gets you a “Retro 3D: Nakoruru” downloadable costume
- the SNK Online Shop will sell a 30,000 yen exclusive limited edition
- this limited edition includes a NeoGeo rom casette-style case, art book, and an original picture illustrated by Yumi Saji
- 13 returning characters are Charlotte, Earthquake, Galford, Genjuro, Hanzo, Haohmaru, Jubei, Kyoshiro, Nakoruru, Shiki, Tam Tam, Ukyo, and Yoshitora
Darli Dagger (voiced by Yuu Kobayashi)
A shipwright who has mastered the use of various tools. She washed ashore an island at an early age, where she was taught the power of crafting by carpenters, and how to protect herself and survive by pirates. She is currently building a ship said to be unsinkable with her comrades at the island’s workshop.
Wu-Ruixiang (voiced by Seira Ryuu)
A descendant of an ancient and honorable feng shui clan, Wu-Ruixiang is a woman who serves the Qing dynasty. With a mission is to protect generations of long mai, she travels to various places under the emperor’s command. She is wise, but extremely clumsy. She also dreads exercise as she tends to seclude herself indoors. Her secret art manifests the power of a divine beast, calling forth a dragon.
Yashamaru Kurama (voiced by Kouhei Amasaki)
A young, fallen samurai. He hates villains who exploit wealth from the weak, and moves in the shadows as the chivalrous thief known as the “Karasu Tengu (Crow-Billed Goblin).” In the past, his father was executed on false charges, and his hatred for the Shogunate is deeper than anyone other. He fights wielding his memento nagamaki sword, and uses the power of the tengu (long-nosed goblin) passed down for generations.