The latest round of info on Team Sonic Racing gives a breakdown of information on what each Wisp does. Check out the various Wisp abilities below.
- Orange Rocket wisp fires straight ahead and can bounce off walls and destroy items in its path
- Crimson Eagle wisp homes in on the racer closest to it
- Blue Cube wisp turns into a giant block on the path, creating an obstacle for other racers to drive around
- Black Bomb wisp is thrown out and explodes a few seconds later
- White Boost wisp allows you to get a boost at any time
- Red Burst wisp creates a trailer of fire behind you that can damage other racers
- Violet Void wisp can be used to pull items towards you, or to suck up attacks aimed at you
- Ivory Lightning wisp attacks all other racers ahead of you
- Cyan laser wisp fires a laser that spins out a car ahead of you
- Jade Ghost wisp lets you become invisible, allowing you to pass through obstacles/racers, and over hazards without issue. It can also steal away wisps from other players
- Yellow Drill wisp propels you forward at great speed, and smashes enemies in front of you
- Pink Spike wisp generates a shield of spiky balls around your car, which can spin out other racers
- Gray Quake wisp causes stone pillars to pop out of the ground, creating blockades for other racers
- Magenta Rhythm wisp causes music notes to pop up in front of other players, blocking their view
We also get a look at a new track called Sky Road, which comes from Sonic Riders. This is a semi-transparent road that weaves through the clouds, and sends you down steep slopes in its second half. The course is dotted with hot-air balloons floating in the background, and at some points, you can even bounce off the balloons to take shortcuts!