The Switch has been on the market for 25 months now. According to the chart above, courtesy of Daniel Ahmad, the system is selling in-line with the PS4. It should maintain a similar trajectory moving forward.
Mr. Ahmad shared some other interesting tidbits about Nintendo following their fiscal report yesterday. Check out the tidbits below.
- 52% of Switch owners have a copy of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Over 40% of Switch owners have Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- 1/3 of Switch owners have Pokemon: Let's GO
- Nintendo hit revenues of 1,200,560 million yen, with Operating Income at 249,701 million yen, the best year since FY2009
- Switch hardware and software accounts for 86% of total revenue, with mobile at 4%, with 3DS and Other at 5% each
- Nintendo now has 5,944 employees, an 8% increase (+443) from last year and double the amount since 2002