Sakurai's most recent Famitsu feature dives into details on Smash Bros. Ultimate's Version 3.0.0 update. Check out notes from article below, translated by PushDustin.
- the sharing aspect took the staff extra time to prepare because of the testing and debugging
- Sakurai didn't want a game where only the winners of battles can have fun, so he didn't want Smash to just have fighting
- Sakurai's three goals for Smash Bros. Ultimate were "Fighting," "Sharing," and "Fighting Together"
- "Fighting Together" is something that was difficult to implement
- fighting with 4 players online, using the CPU, and 4 player Spirit Battles were decided, but there were limits
- Sakurai has checked out some user-created stages and is having a good time, and some of the ideas have him laughing
- Sakurai is looking forward to seeing the movies that the community creates
- Sakurai asks everyone to follow the rules and community standard