You are the Bard, a selfish rogue weary of pointless sub-quests and rat-infested cellars. Through magical song you summon characters to join your quest for coin and cleavage!
Prepare to immerse yourself in over 20-30 hours of adventure, featuring:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted -tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
- Classics Games—includes original classic games The Bard’s Tale 1, 2 & 3.
I went snooping through Steam to see what this Remastered & Resnarked update for the game includes. You can find those details below. I've only included the bits that make sense for console, as there were a number of details that were PC-specific.
- Supports English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish and Russian languages
- German voice-over (accessible under Sound Options when game language is set to German)
- High-resolution and widescreen support
- Performance enhancements
- External URLs links on main menu for support pages and related media
- Bug fixes to original console release
We know The Bard's Tale ARPG: Remastered & Resnarked is coming to Switch thanks to an ESRB rating, which also means a retail version will see release as well. Now we wait for hte official announcement from the publisher!