Suda51 took time out of his busy schedule to head out to Gamescom 2019, where he sat down for a half-hour interview about all things No More Heroes 3. Check out some choice tidbits from that interview below.
- Rocky 3 is Suda's inspiration for No More Heroes 3
- for those who don't know, Rocky gets older and fights increasingly stronger opponents
- Travis will take on Thanos-level opponents
- the dev team is listening to fan feedback a lot, and are reading tweets
- the team wants to do something that exceeds expectations
- there will be returning characters No More Heroes and its sequel, and perhaps some other games
Suda51 also took some time to field questions about his entire body of work, which you can find summarized below.
- Suda51 would love to work on Lollipop Chainsaw again, but there are issues with the Publisher (Warner Bros)
- Suda51 will not work on a Killer7 sequel since in his mind the story has been told
- Suda51 will consider releasing the full story online since he still has it on his PC
- Suda51 still wants to do a Killer7 Perfect Edition, meaning he'd like to add in all the cut content from the original
- Suda51 would like to work on an original IP next
- Suda51 hopes No More Heroes will have as many titles as the Final Fantasy series, saying, "I need to beat Final Fantasy"