Following the Fairy Tale stage show that Koei Tecmo hosted at TGS 2019, a round of new details about the game surfaced. Check out a summary of Koei Tecmo's official press release below.
Experience an exciting story!
A dream gathering of popular mages!
There are more than 10 unique playable characters. Five have been announced thus far: Wendy Marvell, Lucy Heartfilia, Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, and Erza Scarlet.
Build up your “Guild” with your allies!
The Guild is your base. It is located in Magnolia Town, which has been reproduced in the game. Your guild will grow as you adventure to various levels. As it grows you will receive more requests on the Request Board, shops will sell more items, and you will even be able to establish a research laboratory.
Powerful magic battles!
“Mode Changer” can be activated during battle. Support characters can also lend a hand with powerful magic attacks.
Along with that info, another round of details came from various interviews with the dev team. You can read a summary of those tidbits below.
- the game flow is based on the Guild, which is an important part of the original manga
- the game cycle is: receive a request at the Guild, clear the request (monster subjugation, exploration, etc.)
- your Guild grows as a result
- the game uses a symbol encounter system for battles
- when you run into an enemy on the field, you will enter a turn-based command input battle scene
- like the player’s party, enemies also have a certain formation
- you will have to think about the attributes and effect range of your magic
- MP is required to use magic, but there is a system in place that restores MP upon defeating an enemy
- by meeting certain conditions, you can also use powerful, cooperative magic attacks.
- the Hades battle at the climax of the Tenrou Island arc is the prologue of the game
- the game starts after the Guild collapses and reconstruction efforts begin with everyone’s help
- the Grand Magic Games arc that occurs halfway into the original work will be the first half of the game’s story.
- the main story runs along that of the anime, but there will be stuff to do after the ending
- original episodes are being prepared
- original stories such as episodes and requests for each character will be scattered to not disrupt the flow of the story
- there is a world map that connects Magnolia Town and the fields
- you’ll be able to visit several towns
- Fairy Tail creator Hiro Mashima is supervising the graphics when it comes to character appearance
- he is also providing advice in terms of game content
- development is about 50 percent complete.
- more information is due out via a web broadcast in October