Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, the popular fighting game by developer nWay in partnership with Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) and global content leader Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), today announced the release of Season 2, providing players with three new fan favorite warriors (Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi), new arena (Space Patrol Delta base), new ultra (Delta Squad Megazord), and new character skin (Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers White Ranger).
Season 2 debuts on Xbox One and PC today, with access in the Americas for PlayStation 4 on September 25 and Nintendo Switch on September 27. PlayStation 4 and Switch players in Europe will have access during the first week of October.
nWay also announced today the launch of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on PC via Steam. The cult hit allows PC players to enjoy all the features and content that are currently available on the console version of the game on day one of the game’s release including full story mode, voiceovers from the original cast, multi-platform crossplay and direct matches. The PC version of the game is available for $19.99 at store.steampowered.com/app/1110100/Power_Rangers_Battle_for_the_Grid/
“After the tremendous success of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid on console, we are proud to launch the PC version to gamers and Power Rangers fans around the world,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. "With our crossplay feature, the introduction of PC players to the matchmaking pool, along with players from Nintendo Switch and Xbox, will only add to the excitement of the community enjoying the fierce battles and incredibly fun action of Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid.”
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid pits current and classic Power Rangers and villains from the multiverse’s over 25 year history against one another in epic 3v3 tag team battles. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode.
Season 2 Content
Season 2 features a mix of free and paid downloadable content (DLC). Key details of the DLC include:
● New Characters:
○ Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger - Power Rangers S.P.D. (Available Now | $5.99) Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger is the commander of Space Patrol Delta on Earth. Also known as the Shadow Ranger, he is a master swordsman who is able to use a variety of blade attacks from short and long range.
○ Eric Myers - Power Rangers Time Force (Available in October | $5.99). Eric Myers worked for the Silver Guardians as a simple soldier but eventually claimed the Quantum Ranger powers for himself and was able to travel back in time and claim the power of the Q-Rex Zord. Quantum Ranger is a long-range fighter that utilizes blaster shots and teleports to harass opponents from a distance. His offense greatly increases when his Quantum Defender is switched to blade mode.
○ Dai Shi - Power Rangers Jungle Fury (Available in November | $5.99). The evil spirit of an ancient eight-headed dragon, Dai Shi was imprisoned long ago until his seal was broken. Dai-Shi is a highly agile melee fighter that boasts unique movement options and attack angles unavailable to the rest of the cast. He is an effective fighter grounded or airborne.
● New Character Skin: Tommy Oliver / Mighty Morphin White Ranger (Available in October | $1.99). Play as the first White Ranger with Saba on his side.
● New Arena: Space Patrol Delta Base (Available Now | Free). Battle on the training grounds of the command post for S.P.D. Academy.
● New Ultra: Delta Squad Megazord (Available Now | Free). S.P.D. Emergency! Call up the power of the Delta Squad Megazord to assist your team in battle.
● New Banners (Available Now | Free). Unlock new banners featuring art from the new characters and Story Mode.
nWay is also releasing the Season 2 Pass today for $14.99 on all platforms including PC. This bundle includes all of Season 2’s paid content, including three new characters – Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger, Eric Myers, and Dai Shi -- along with the White MMPR Ranger character skin. Players will be able to access Anubis ‘Doggie’ Cruger immediately, with Eric Myers and the Mighty Morphin White Ranger skin coming in October, and Dai Shi in November.
After 10,000 years...Season 2!