Reggie Fils-Aime held his previously-announced presentation at Cornell yesterday, and as you might expect, he talked a lot about Nintendo. Wondering what the Regginator had to say? Check out a summary of the event from one of the students who attended below!
- Reggie acknowledged that the Wii U was a failure pretty bluntly, but he called it a "failure forward" since it led to the Switch
- Reggie talked to the Japanese side of Nintendo quite a lot, and they usually called him Reggie-san
- Iwata didn't think Wii Sports should be bundled with the Wii in the U.S.
- Reggie said he learned the value of "silence" in business from Iwata
- Reggie emphasized the importance of having a workforce with a variety of races, genders, and sexual orientations
- Nintendo of America has internal diversity programs that supports groups of women and LGTB people at the company
- Reggie says China is a very different market, and praise the consumer response to Activision Blizzard
- Reggie was asked about Mother 3 at the presentation, and laughed, saying he thought he'd finally escaped that question
- Reggie says Retro Studios has some control over their release dates in a similar manner to the Pokemon Company (may need clarification)