Millions of people are practicing social distancing and are in self quarantine to help fight off coronavirus growth. With countless jobs closed, people have more free time than ever to do as they please. On the flip-side, there are some people who have to work from home during the pandemic, and they're using all sorts of apps and programs to get that work done remotely.
One Japanese company decided to have a bit of fun while working from home, so they tried using Animal Crossing: New Horizons as their means of communication. As you might guess, it lead to a rather unique experience! The company shared a few notes on how the experiment went, which you can read below.
- compared to other chat programs, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is much more fun to use.
- can’t send files such as images and documents
- can’t speak about confidential matters
- meetings are constantly interrupted by talk of Animal Crossing
- no one is using their real name, which makes it harder to know who's who
Obviously the whole experiment was done for a bit of fun, which is something we can all use right now!