While we wait for Nintendo to announce their plans for Mario's 35th anniversary, Hasbro has already revealed theirs. The company has two new Mario-themed versions of their popular board games in the works. Both Jenga and Monopoly are getting the Mario treatment, and you can get details on both below.
Jenga: Super Mario Edition
- race up the tower as Mario, Luigi, Peach, or Toad to defeat Bowser at the top
- each character has a corresponding card that players can refer to to throughout the game
- players earn points by collecting coins as they stack, steal, and climb
- it the tower falls on a player's turn, they'll lose coins and their chance to be the hero
- due out August 1st, 2020 for $20
"Spin the spinner to find out the next move: How many layers to climb, how many blocks to remove and stack, whether to collect coins, or whether the game will reverse directions. It's a battle to the top as players move their own pegs up and their opponents' pegs down, all while trying not to make the tower crash."
Monopoly: Super Mario Celebration Edition
- features locations from iconic Super Mario games that range from 1985 to the present day
- Toad houses and Princess Peach's castles replace houses and hotels
- includes an electronic Question Block with sound effects "that can change a player's luck"
- due out August 1st, 2020 for $30