Bandai Namco has announced that the free eSports Tournament mode for Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun is set to launch on Aug. 19th, 2020. This is an online competitive gameplay mode featuring four tournament difficulties: “Easy,” “Normal,” “Hard,” and “Extreme.”
In the first round, a song is randomly selected, and in the second round, each player performs their own pre-selected “My Battle” song. The winner is determined by the total score of the two songs. “My Battle” songs can include DLC songs, as well as the songs in the base game, although there are some songs that can't be used. The winner will get a gold medal and the runner-up will receive a silver medal. Compete in tournaments to earn icons and greetings for use in online battles.
If a player loses their performance battles, they can still spectate the battles of the remaining players and send supportive hearts as well. The Battles will also feature commentary by Master Bachio.
Bandai Namco also announced plans to release several new DLC songs on August 20th, 2020 in Japan. You can find the lineup below.
Individual (150 yen)
- [Anime] “1-2-3” by After the Rain (Soraru x Mafumafu) (from Pokemon)
Rock Music Pack (400 yen)
- [Pop] “Nonsense Bungaku” by Eve
- [Pop] “Rocket Dive”
- [Anime] “Phoenix” (from Haikyuu!! To the Top)
Vocaloid Music Pack Vol. 5 (500 yen)
- [Vocaloid] “Otome Kaibou” by DECO*27 feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Taiyoukei Disco” by NayutalieN feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Alkali Rettousei” by Kairiki Bear feat. Hatsune Miku (from Sentou Setsuri Kaiseki System #Compass)
- [Vocaloid] “Melt” by supercell feat. Hatsune Miku
- [Vocaloid] “Coffee no Aji to” by Harunaba