The software and hardware sales for September 2020 are in! Here's what was big in the United States last month.
September 2020 top 20
September 2020 top 10 for Switch
Top 20 best-selling games of 2020, year-to-date
Top 10 best-selling games for the last 12 months, ending September 2020
- September 2020 video game hardware spending increased 15% vs YA, at $277 million
- growth in sales of Switch offset declines on other console platforms
- Switch was the best-selling console during September in both dollars and units
- year-to-date spending on hardware has increased 22 percent when compared to a year ago, to $2.3 billion
- spending on Accessories reached a September record $191 million, gaining 30 percent when compared to a year ago
- year-to-date spending has increased 26 percent, to an all-time high $1.6 billion
- Gamepad and Headset/Headphone spending each set new September and year-to-date U.S. sales records
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars is already the No. 10 best-selling game of the year so far
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars launch physical dollar sales rank as the 6th biggest for a Nintendo-published title in U.S. history
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars is the 2nd biggest physical Switch launch, coming in behind Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars trails only Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Pokémon Stadium in physical launch month dollar sales.