Friday, 15th January 2021 – Team17, DevM Games, and SMG Studio have announced the release of the free ‘Moving In’ update to the multi-award-winning co-op game, Moving Out. The new content, which is arriving soon on consoles and PC for free, turns the game on its head and answers the ultimate question: What happens to the stuff players throw into the removals van?
Set in the world of Packmore, Moving Out’s chaotic, local multiplayer gameplay sees up to four players work together as Furniture Arrangement and Relocation Technicians (F.A.R.Ts) to move furniture efficiently and creatively from condos, offices, mansions, and more, in the fastest time possible. The ‘Moving In’ update is available in 12 of the game’s original levels and gives players the new task of unpacking the van and placing items into their new homes; it also adds a new ‘auto snap’ option to the assist mode to help players position items exactly where they’re needed.
The update also adds the option for players to customise their character’s shirts, and debuts two brand-new dance moves – The Prospector and Loveshack!
- Couch co-op: Players can either take on Moving Out solo or enlist the help of up to three friends in local multiplayer co-operative gameplay, as they figure out how to get items into the removals van in the quickest way possible!
- Location, location, location: No move is too big, too small, or too weird. Work through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses and even head into space to keep customers happy!
- Physics: Need to get a large item of furniture down some steps? Gravity is a F.A.R.T’s best friend. Glass door in the way? Smash right through it. Throwing things over railings will always be quicker than carrying them the long way around.
- Character customisation: Choose from a roster of movers from humans to anthropomorphic animals and appliances that can be tailored to suit the job at hand.
- Assist mode: Increased time limits, skippable levels and removal of dangers are just some of the options available in assist mode.
- Accessibility options: Dyslexia-friendly text, scalable user interface, and remappable keyboard controls on Steam make the Moving Out experience as inclusive as possible.
Unpacks soon on Switch!