Looks like Nintendo fans will have a reason to watch The Game Awards 2017. Nintendo's official Twitter account is reminding fans to check out the Game Awards later this week. Now they didn't say anything official about a reveal or new details on existing games, but with this tweet, it seems like something is up.
- scheduled to open at Nihonbashi, Tokyo in March 2018
- SLD Inc. is responsible for developing the menu of Pokemon Cafe
- they will be working together with The Pokemon Company on the Pokemon Cafe’s concept and other aspects
- SLD Inc. was chosen due to its past expertise in developing anime and character cafes
- planned to open on March 14, 2018, the same day Pokemon Center Tokyo DX opens its doors to the public
- operating hours are 10:30am to 10pm daily
- will have seating space for up to 140 people
- Nintendo came in third place overall
- 23 commercials aired over 6,100 times and racked up over 1 billion impressions
- most-seen ad was “Super Mario Odyssey: Jump Up, Super Star!” with 189.3 million impressions
- ads were aired mostly on Disney Channel, Nick, and MTV
- ads were aired mostly during SpongeBob SquarePants, NBA basketball, and The Loud House
Retro has been so quiet for so long. They're definitely working on something for Switch, but we don't know what! How long is Nintendo going to make us wait to find out?!
Ever wondered what life was like in the Mushroom Kingdom? Stop by and chat live with Mario and Luigi in-store! Click the image for appearance schedule. pic.twitter.com/m4lgVBvemM— Nintendo NY (@NintendoNYC) November 28, 2017
Want to have a chat with Mario and Luigi themselves? You can do so by heading into Nintendo NY on the dates above. Mr. Martinet won't be at the events in person, but he'll be streaming in live to perform as Mario and Luigi. You'll actually be able to interact with him as he's in character, asking whatever you want of the world-famous bros.!
I have appointed Pikachu and Hello Kitty as Ambassador to promote the City of Osaka for the 2025 Expo host city. pic.twitter.com/mCkiCl5T5j— KONO Taro (@konotaromp) November 29, 2017
Osaka is looking to host the 2025 World Expo, an event which showcases the achievements of various nations. Osaka is going up against French, Russian, and Azerbaijani cities for the bid, which means there's quite a heated battle. Osaka is looking to up their chances of securing the event, which is why they've recruited two big names to raise their profile. Both Pikachu and Hello Kitty are now ambassadors to Osaka, two characters with major star power to draw attention to Osaka's bid. Let's see if the strategy pays off!
Nintendo is cooking up a brand-new game, and it looks like they need some help doing so. The company has posted a job listing for their Kyoto office. The listing doesn't say what the game is, but we do see it's classified as a "3D action adventure." The staffer would be working on game events, as well as dungeon and field planning.
Looks like Pokemon Co. is going to have a busy 2018 ahead of them. The company has revealed that they'll be opening a permanent Pokemon Cafe and Pokemon Center Tokyo DX in Nihonbashi Takashimaya S.C. East, Tokyo, Japan. This will be the first time Pokemon Co. is opening a permanent Pokemon Cafe! On top of that, Pokemon Center Tokyo DX will be the biggest Pokemon Center yet, and will have all sorts of exclusive merch you can't find at other locations. Both are set to open March 14th, 2018 on the 5th floor of Nihonbashi Takashimaya S.C. East.
Nintendo Ibérica regrets to announce the death of its general director, Rafael Martínez Moya-Angeler, at 51 years old. Rafael Martínez Moya-Angeler had been linked to the company since 1993. All the employees of Nintendo Ibérica are proud of having worked and learned with him, both in the workplace and in the staff. We are deeply saddened by his loss, but we are aware of the luck we have had working with him and we are committed to continue following the example he has always given us.