We really got some love from the live crew this week. Thanks for the support on this show and every other. You make doing each episode a blast. I hope you have as much fun listening to this episode as we had making it.
It was ten months ago that I played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 for the very first time. While it wasn't my favorite in the series, I did really enjoy what it tried to do. Jumping on various massive creatures filled with their own flora and fauna, political clusters with regional ways of thinking, and so much more. Honestly, it took me a very long time before I pulled the trigger and completed the game. I wanted to keep collecting, growing and find more things to do.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was also enjoyable from a story perspective, but there were gaps that needed to be worked out. One of these gaps was the Aegis War. This event is referenced multiple times during the game, and main characters like Jin and Mythra seemed to have played a major part in it. I hoped some of the upcoming story DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 would shed new light on this topic. That's why I was delighted with what Nintendo revealed at E3 2018. Torna - The Golden Country tells us the about what happened to the fabled land, and what became of the heroes who tried to stop it's destruction.
Here we go, gang! After a week delay, it's finally time for a Nintendo Direct. Hopefully once these 35 minutes are over, all your Nintendo-related dreams will have come true!
- Luigi's Mansion 3 coming to Switch!
- Kirby's Epic Yarn is coming to 3DS, includes all stages from the Wii version, and includes additional abilities and more in 2019
- Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Iside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey comes out Jan. 11th, 2019
- Luigi's Mansion on 3DS includes two-player, supports download play for boss battles, or two cartridge play for full co-op, supports amiibo as well, due out Oct. 12th, 2018
- Splatoon 2's Version 4.0 update was teased
- Mario Tennis Aces getting an update coming Sept. 19th with Birdo, Shyguy, Paratroopa, and Pete Piranha. More characters and content coming until next June. Co-op challenge mode coming as well, taking on objectives that are available for a limited time. Get special outfits for completely these challenges
- Capcom Beat-em Bundle revealed for Switch due out Sept. 18th, 2018: Includes 'Final Fight, King of Dragons, Captain Commando, Knights of the Realm, Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors, and Battle Circuit, features online play
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe launching Jan. 11th, includes new characters and content!
- Katamari Damacy Reroll coming to Switch this Winter
- Switch Online features:
- NES-style controllers for Switch, come in both left/right options, due out Sept for $60
- Game Freak working on a new RPG for Switch!
- City Skylines: Switch Edition available today on the Switch eShop
- Yoshi's Crafted World coming to Switch Spring 2019
- Asmodee bringing Carcassonne, Lord of the Rings: The Living Card Game, Pandemic, Catan, and Munchkin to Switch
- Civilization VI hits Switch on Nov. 16th, 2018
- Warframe on Nov. 20th, Just Dance 2019 on Oct. 23rd, FIFA 19 on Sept. 28th, Team Sonic Racing due out this Winter, NBA 2K19 available now, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 due out this Fall, LEGO DC Super-Villains due out Oct. 16th.
- FFCC: Switch Edition includes online multiplayer, as well as new areas in dungeons, due out 2019
- Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition available later today on Switch
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima coming to Switch on Nov. 6th, includes a new feature called Avatar Change
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy comes to Switch this Winter
- Final Fantasy XII coming to Switch with new features, due out 2019
- Final Fantasy VII, IX, and X X2 remaster coming to Switch in 2019
- Smash Bros. Ultimate bundle confirmed
- Isabelle is joining the roster in Smash Bros. Ultimate!
- Animal Crossing coming to Switch in 2019!
This might be the most exciting episode of the GoNintendo Podcast yet! No, that's not a joke! There's so much podcast/site news to go over at the start of the show. We also have a special jingle for our new segment! Plenty of fun Nintendo news to cover as well. All that and your questions, music trivia, what we played, and more!
It's podcast day, my friends! Our first podcast with the show officially being distributed through Spotify! That's exciting, right?! Am I an old man, because I didn't know you could have podcasts on Spotify. I'M OLD, AREN'T I?!
Welcome to Today's BIG Story for Sept. 4th, 2018. Another digital comic service is coming to the Switch eShop. Which one are you going to choose?
With Mega Man 11 right around the corner, it's the perfect time to look back at how the series made it this far. Let's start by running through the Mega Man Robot Master battle themes, and seeing which one comes out above all the others!