Once again, for those who are unfamiliar with MSU1...
MSU1, also named "Media Streaming Unit revision 1", is a homemade enhancement chip made by byuu for the SNES. It allows the SNES to have 4 GB of storage space and CD quality Stereo Audio.
Senran Kagura producer talks Shinobi Refle localization hopes, Nintendo's reaction to fan service, and more
The following comes from a DualShockers interview with Senran Kagura Producer Kenichiro Takaki...
- Kenichiro really likes the HD Rumble system, as it’s completely different from typical vibration
- it was really challenging to create something that fits it, but it’ll be a completely new feeling when players try it out
- Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura is still in development and will be very fitting to the fanservice included in the series
- the beginning ShinobiRefle is a pure romantic story similar to Tokimeki Memorial
- as you play further into the game, the usual Senran Kagura fanservice surfaces
- in the past Nintendo was a bit against the idea of fanservice
- as the partnership on Senran Kagura progressed and the series started selling, now they’re just like “Go Takaki! Let’s do it!”
- Takaki-san doesn’t know if the same goes for Nintendo of America
- Kenichiro would like to release Shinobi Refle in North America, even if he doesn’t know what Nintendo of America will think