Game Informer senior editor Imran Khan has been hot-and-heavy lately with rumored Nintendo info. He recently talked about Mother 3 not making its way to the states/Europe, and now he's followed up that info with a double dose of rumored discussion. First up, he drops hints at Nintendo reviving a cancelled game.
“Let me hint at something, I guess. This is a thing that I’m going to write up at some point as soon as I get some more sources on it. But there’s a game that’s thought to be dead that Nintendo’s reviving, and it’s not one that people would expect. It was very much a title that was dead and buried – very officially cancelled.”
With the game being officially cancelled, it sounds like this project might involved a third party. Khan makes it clear that this was "very officially cancelled," and Nintendo doesn't really talk in those terms often.
Next up, Khan moves onto the Kingdom Hearts franchise. Will we ever see Sora and the gang come to Switch? Here's what Khan has to say.
- Kingdom Hearts III is looking unlikely
Thanks to Sligeach_eire for the heads up!
- the HD re-releases might be more feasible
- Nintendo and Square Enix were talking about what they could do with Kingdom Hearts III
- it was deemed unfeasible to get Kingdom Hearts III on the Switch
- the game is “very demanding” and “not necessarily you can put out without paring it down a lot”
- Khan's unsure if the remasters are “actively being worked on”
- he believes “that’s probably where they settled on it”