The Oct. 2019 NPD results are in, and it was another stellar month for Nintendo. Check out the full rundown of the month's sales below!
- consumers spent $182 million on new consoles, down 41% from October 2018
- Switch was once again the top-selling system for the month
- Switch remains the best-selling platform of 2019
- year-to-date hardware spending has declined 23% versus a year ago, to $2.1 billion
- Switch is the only platform with sales gains both in October as well as year to date
- PlayStation 4 ranks as the third-fastest unit-selling home console in history, trailing behind Wii and PS2
- total October 2019 spending on accessories and game cards fell 16 percent when compared to a year ago, to $231 million
- year-to-date sales of accessories and game cards are down 3 percent when compared to a year ago, to $2.7 billion.
- Luigi's Mansion 3 had the best debut month for any entry in the franchise, beating the original Luigi’s Mansion
Top 20 software overall
Supplemental software charts