Tobu Tobu Girl Deluxe's Kickstarter was a success, which means that not only will customers have access to a ROM for the Game Boy Color game, but an actual GBC cartridge as well. The Kickstarter has shared an update on the manufacturing process for that cartridge, which you can find below.
We'd like to give you a detailed progress update about the production of the physical version of the game this time.
1. The packaging and manual design of the Japanese style version are ready for print now, the new US/EU version is currently in the works and as things stand, it should be ready soon and possible to release the Western version at the same time as the one with Japanese packaging.
2. No news regarding the extra sticker set yet, but this will be tackled by our designer very soon. It's not exactly the most complex part of this release.
3. The custom cartridge and new PCB design are finalized and went into production. They will be with us in time for the release end of August and are currently the bottleneck of our release, since the unique plastic molds and PCB designs needed a long sampling and preparation time.
4. We finished the vinyl-style packaging of the Mini CDs and with the new soundtrack version being released by potato-tan, it will go into production shortly. Being fully manufactured in Japan, the soundtrack will have an amazing production quality and the layout and artwork came out extremely beautiful. If you pre-ordered our Limited Edition of Tobu Tobu Girl Deluxe, we hope you look forward to this!
5. The mass production of the collector coins concluded and they are currently in transit to us.