As we stated earlier, the official Japanese website for Fire Emblem: Three Houses has been updated with all sorts of new content concerning the Cindered Shadows DLC. Even more information has been gleaned from the website, which you can find summarized below. You can also find a batch of new screens at the site as well.
- there are no weekdays or holidays, and also no instruction periods or qualification exams
- you get to use a fixed set of party members, with a fixed set of classes and skills to choose from for each one
- there are various other restrictions, which results in a slightly higher difficulty
- units can level up by accumulating XP
- in the Abyss, there’s a junk area where you can find various items discarded by people living in the Abyss
- here you can find weapons with some durability left, and some that you will need to bring to the blacksmith first.
- once the members of the Ashen Wolves show up in the main game, you can interact with them like with any other students
- once they have joined your class, you get access to some additional support conversations with those characters
- you can also tackle Paralogue maps related to them
- once you unlock the Abyss in the main game, allowing you to go explore it, there’s various facilities and activities to enjoy:
Pagan Altar: allows you to trade resources (food, ore) for some renown points. You can also trade renown points for various weapons and tools
Mysterious Teacher: a former teacher from the Officers Academy. You can talk to him in order to find out how much the various characters have grown with the protagonist
Astrologist: available in the second part of the game. Allows you to spend renown points in order to increase the support level between two specific units. There’s also an option called “Star Crossing”, that allows you to “connect your future fate”.
- Valkyrie is a female-only class of knights specialized in black magic
- they boast great mobility as a mounted unit
- the range of their attacks is expanded thanks to the “Black Magic Range +1” and “Dark Magic Range +1” skills
- you can use hit and run tactics