This is like a dream come true for me. I'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy VII, and an equally huge fan of professional wrestling! Seeing the two worlds collide for this video interview is just too good.
Square-Enix has brought in AEW pro wrestler Kenny Omega to chat with Final Fantasy VII director Yoshinori Kitase about all areas of the game. This interview has a ton to do with the original game's release, rather than the upcoming remake. There's also a lot of discussion about Final Fantasy in general. You can watch the interview above and see for yourself, or check out the rundown of questions below.
- Is Cloud your favorite character?
- Did the PlayStation hardware limit anything you wanted to do in the original Final Fantasy VII?
- How did it feel to become the director of Final Fantasy VII?
- What are your greatest memories in game development?
- What are your toughest memories in game development?
- Who do you think is the greatest Japanese RPG villain of all time?
- What are the origins of Shinra?
- What are the origins of Sephiroth?
- What is your favorite music from the Final Fantasy series?
- What is your favorite first-person shooter game?
- Would you like to see more of Parasite Eve in the future?