Inti Creates had the surprise reveal and launch for Blaster Master Zero 2 during a Nintendo Direct, which pretty much no one saw coming. Why did Inti Creates decide to do a surprise launch for the game, and how did it work out? DualShockers talked to Inti Creates CEO Takuya Aizu to find out.
- Inti Creates wanted the game to come out in March of 2019
- they noticed that there was going to be a Nintendo Direct around that time
- Inti Creates says if you can announce during a Direct, you do it
- the pace of sales has been about the same [between Blaster Master Zero and Blaster Master Zero 2]
- Blaster Master Zero 2 has had a lot more competition on the eShop
- the team is trying to figure out how we can breathe more life in the game, add new content, release a demo version, ect.
Inti Creates CEO also talked a bit about Dragon Marked for Death on Switch, including how the game has sold. Check out thos details below.
- Dragon Marked for Death hit Inti Creates’ sales targets
- the release has gone pretty well
- as far as Inti Creates is concerned, the game has been successful
- they still have updates planned for the game
- Inti Creates would consider launching another game in two sets of character packs if they had another game with lots of characters