Yo-Kai Watch has cooled off considerably in Japan, but with a new game coming out, it seems McDonald's is keen to try and capitalize on brand recognition. It'll be interesting to see if the latest game helps bring back any of the franchise's former spark.
Looks like Level-5 might have another push for Yo-Kai Watch on the way. The next issue of Famitsu teases something in the way of a new Yo-Kai Watch game, but no other details are given. This refers to the issue of Famitsu due out next week, not the one hitting Japan tomorrow. We have a whole week to dig up some info and see what's going on!
Level-5 has announced that Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2 has been pushed back from its Dec. 7th, 2017 release. Thankfully the title is still coming to Japan this year, as the new date is Dec. 16th, 2017. No reason for the delay was given.
I don't know what the hell is going on in this movie, but it looks pretty damn crazy. It's set for a mid-December release in Japan, but there's no word on a localized release at this moment.
The following info comes from Simon Waldron, senior vice president of marketing and licensing at Level-5.
- animated projects are currently in development
- experimental live events are being looked into
- new Layton video game will be released in late summer 2018
- Inazuma Eleven Ares will hit an unspecified Nintendo platform
- Level-5 is looking to work with partners to help bring Inazuma Eleven to the world of apparel, footwear, and publishing
- new anime project for the series is coming
- additional digital components, such as online stickers
- third season of the anime coming to North America and Europe in early 2018
- new wave of toys, books and other products
- hope to introduce the series to the world in the coming months