Super Mario Run is going to celebrate its 1-year anniversary with special in-game goodies. There will be some commemorative items available in the game starting tomorrow, but that's not all. Nintendo will have 3 separate deals on the game itself, but those are yet to be detailed.
The following data comes from Apptopia, and agency focusing on app market intelligence...
- 25 million downloads worldwide
- $17 million in revenue
- Apptopia does not believe that Pocket Camp will match the success of Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem: Heroes
- they believe a lack of a competitive multiplayer mode hurts the title
- Apptopia projects Fire Emblem Heroes will reach 9.5 million downloads and $110 million in revenues during its first year
Did you already download the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game on your mobile device? If not, you can build your own dream campsite and invite adorable animal friends to hang out! You can also visit your friends' campsites, craft your own furniture, and lots more.
Now is the perfect time to join in the fun, as a limited-time holiday event just started. Unlock seasonal outfits and collect in-game candy canes to craft cute holiday-themed items.
To help everyone get into the holiday spirit, we're giving away a Santa hat for your campsite manager. . Be sure to check your in-game mailbox!
By the way, did you know that linking your Nintendo Account to the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp game can help save your in-game progress? Sign up today and keep your camp safe!
My Nintendo is also offering some fun Nintendo 3DS Animal Crossing rewards this month.
Cute Animal Crossing HOME menu themes:
Animal Crossing - Winter Frolics theme
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Jingle's Toy Day theme
Animal Crossing: Isabelle theme
Want to catch up on other Animal Crossing games? You can redeem your My Nintendo points and get the following discounts to help you get started:
20% discount on Animal Crossing: New Leaf
40% discount on Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
You can also redeem your Gold Points to get this full digital guidebook, too!
Online Access - Animal Crossing: New Leaf Prima Official Game Guide
These tidbits come from Takashi Mochizuki, tech writer for the Wall Street Journal...
- Nintendo is looking to expand tie-ups with software developers to strengthen its smartphone game lineup
- by collaborating with other software developers in addition to DeNA Co., Nintendo believes it can raise the pace of new titles
- Nintendo isn't planning to take ownership stakes in its new partners
- Nintendo has apparently talked with GungHo Online Entertainment Inc., but a GungHo spokeswoman denied these talks
- sales of Animal Crossing titles for 3DS have risen in recent weeks after the introduction Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
- analysts believe Nintendo will team with Tencent Holdings Ltd. on mobile games in China
[Maps] A new set of Special Maps is now available: Devs Say Thanks! Those maps feature teams created by the development team (based on their play data from October 2017), with three difficulty levels: Normal (reduced stats), Hard, and Lunatic (boost in HP, ATk, Spd, Def, and Res) (available until January 1st)
[Quests] A new set of Special Quests is now available: “Devs Say Thanks!”. Clearing those allow you to get various goodies (Refining Stones, Orbs, Crystals, etc.) (available untul January 1st)
[Elements] The Elements for the current season are: Water, Fire (available until December 19th)
Nintendo was looking for 100k retweets for their Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Twitter event, and they hit the mark no problem. Nintendo planned on tallying the retweets from various official accounts, but most regions hit 100k on their own! With the event being such a success, Nintendo is upping the reward from 20 Leaf Tickets to 50! You'll be able to grab your Leaf Ticket reward tomorrow.