The 34C3 (Chaos Communication Congress) hacking event has announced a Switch panel for their annual get-together. This event is attended by hackers the world over, and it looks like there might be something to announce for Switch. Hackers Plutoo, derrek, and naehrwert will be hosting the panel, and now people are speculating as to whether a major breakthrough has been made with the Switch. You can bet Nintendo is going to pay close attention to this event.
Remember the Pokemon Stars rumor? Eurogamer had said that a revamped version of Pokemon Sun/Moon were coming to Switch, and would be called Pokemon Stars. Obviously now that's not happening, as we know a true installment in the Pokemon franchise is coming to Switch. What happened to Pokemon Stars? Eurogamer put together another feature with inside info from various unnamed sources.
- Stars was part-developed in parallel with Sun and Moon
- the goal was to get the game to Switch early to help the platform succeed
- the Switch found success early on with other games, and the success only grew
- there was a desire to give the 3DS something big this year as well, which lead to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
- Pokemon Stars was never a truly big leap in Pokemon games, which might have been a bit disappointing on Switch
- development on Stars switched course around the end of last year
"I will NEVER give up on you. I will follow you to the end of the world."
Usually wearing light blue armor, Shovel Knight is the main character in the game. His main focus is to find his beloved Shield Knight who is lost to the Tower of Fate and to stop the Enchantress from taking over the Valley.
Remember the third party Joy-Con replacement that gives you a d-pad on the left Joy-Con? The video above takes a lengthy look at the replacement shells, and also provides a bit of a cautionary tale for anyone looking to take on this project.
Man, I seriously cannot get enough of this game's look. I'm a fan of anime, so I find the general style appealing right off the bat. That said, the color palette is what's really doing it for me. Muted pastels isn't something you see too often. Really digging it!