Dragon Quest Builders - first-week sales data for Japan
- sold around 30,000 copies
- roughly 55% of its initial shipment in Japan
The following information comes from a Famitsu interview with Dragon Quest Builders 2 producer Noriyoshi Fujimoto and assistant producer Shiraishi Takuma (Assistant Producer).
- development of Dragon Quest Builders 2 was greenlit following the strong sales of the first game
- the team had many requests from players for features that could not be implemented in the first game
- two specific requests were the ability to build taller things, as well as 4 player multiplayer
- in Dragon Quest Builders 2, you can now build things about 3 times taller, and there is a multiplayer aspect
- the multiplayer component will do more than make people say “Yup, there’s multiplayer”
- the dev team wanted to get rid of as many hardware restrictions, which is why they are bringing the game to Switch/PS4
- there will be a transfer bonus for players who already have Dragon Quest Builders
- you need to have played the game on the same family of platforms to get the bonus
- in other words, you can't have played Builders on PS4 and get the bonus in Builders 2 for Switch
- development is in the “Trial and Error” phase right now
- this is where developers are trying various things to see what works and what doesn’t
- it’s too early for them to talk about the story, but they did say that Sidoh the traveling companion will make an appearance
- players will be able to enjoy Dragon Quest Builders 2 even if they haven’t played the first game
- no release date yet
Master the art of construction, defeat the evil Dragonlord and save the shattered kingdom of Alefgard in Dragon Quest Builders, out now on Nintendo Switch!
Generations ago, the realm of Alefgard was plunged into darkness by the treacherous Dragonlord, ruler of all monsters. Mankind had to wander the ruins and scavenge to survive.
However, hope is not lost! You, a legendary Builder, have been chosen by the Goddess to return the power of creation to the people and rebuild Alefgard. As the legendary Builder you’ll construct rooms, towns, and defenses while fighting off monsters. The land is yours to rebuild in Dragon Quest Builders.
Gather materials, craft items, and build towns to fulfill your destiny as the legendary Builder.
An open world adventure with real time battles against monsters and bosses.
Discover side quests, treasure chests, and building schematics during your travels.
Build to your hearts' content in Terra Incognita, the free-build mode.
Battle waves of monsters at the arena in Terra Gladiatoria.
Upload your creations online or download buildings made by other players.
Exclusive content for the Nintendo Switch™ version of the game: gather special materials with the Great Sabrecub to unlock retro customization options, including the Dragon Quest Game Pak!
Gather, craft, and build the kingdom of your dreams to restore the ruined world of Alefgard! As the legendary Builder, you’ll construct rooms, towns, and defenses while fighting monsters. In Terra Incognita, build freely, share creations online*, battle in an arena, and access exclusive content to the Nintendo Switch™ version of the game!
Version 4.1 for Dragon Quest X is set to launch on Feb. 21st, 2018. The update will include support for the 3DS, Wii U, and Switch versions.