Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon producer Shigeru Ohmori returns to the hot seat in today’s episode of Pokémon Challenge! Will he be able to take on the tall order of guessing that he has an Alolan Exeggutor stuck to his head?
As it gets colder and the wintry weather starts to blow in, it's the perfect time to enjoy cool snow-themed episodes on Pokémon TV! Ash, Pikachu, and friends have braved the elements many times over the years, and they've encountered plenty of Ice-type Pokémon along the way. So even as the temperature drops outside, the action will be heating up on Pokémon TV.
Grab your blanket and a cup of cocoa, and tune in to watch snow-themed episodes on Pokémon TV today.
Nintendo has just secured a new trademark in China. The company had their request to trademark the Pokemon GO logo approved, but we're not quite sure what Nintendo's plans are. This might be more of a measure to protect against bootleggers, than an indicator of Pokemon GO officially seeing release in China.
Did we ever have Pokemon GO commercials here in the states? Millions of people are still playing here. I honestly can't remember seeing any commercials on TV. Would be cool to see. Perhaps I'm just not watching the right shows.
Groudon, the Ground-type Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, is now appearing in Raid Battles around the world! Keep an eye out for Groudon at Gyms near you, and you may be one of the first to catch this Legendary Pokémon. But don’t delay—Groudon will only be available until 1:00 p.m. PST on January 15, 2018.
Remember the Pokemon Stars rumor? Eurogamer had said that a revamped version of Pokemon Sun/Moon were coming to Switch, and would be called Pokemon Stars. Obviously now that's not happening, as we know a true installment in the Pokemon franchise is coming to Switch. What happened to Pokemon Stars? Eurogamer put together another feature with inside info from various unnamed sources.
- Stars was part-developed in parallel with Sun and Moon
- the goal was to get the game to Switch early to help the platform succeed
- the Switch found success early on with other games, and the success only grew
- there was a desire to give the 3DS something big this year as well, which lead to Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon
- Pokemon Stars was never a truly big leap in Pokemon games, which might have been a bit disappointing on Switch
- development on Stars switched course around the end of last year
Fans will have the option to play their favourite compatible Pokémon games on a New Nintendo 2DS XL resembling the iconic Pokémon Pikachu, as the New Nintendo 2DS XL Pikachu Edition will be released in Australia and New Zealand on January 27th, 2018 with a suggested retail price of AU$219.95.
The system comes with a 4GB microSDHC memory card and a Nintendo 3DS AC adapter included in the box.*
- from December 22nd through December 31st you can participate in the Thunderclap Press Cup
- this cup is a Team Battle competition, once again on a Fixed Battle Arena
- participating in this brings a special title reward based on Pikachu Libre
- if you place highly you'll get other titles based on your placement