Chalk up three more Switch titles for retail release, and they're all coming from XSEED. While XSEED has confirmed publishing of Rune Factory 4 Special, BurgerTime Party!, and Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, they haven't commented on retail releases. That's alright, because GameFly has stepped in to solve the mystery for us. They've just added listings for all three titles, and they only do that when retail releases are on the way.
Today's Twitter update for Rune Factory 4 Special gives us a look at another gameplay system, the My Room feature. Looks like you'll be able to customize a location to your liking with all sorts of goodies!
The most recent Twitter update for Rune Factory 4 Special gives a video that looks at various gameplay systems. This includes growing crops, fishing, cooking, talking with characters in town, and more.
The latest bachelorette profile for Rune Factory 4 has been shared. Xiao Pai is the poster girl of the town inn. She's always trying her best, but she ends up overdoing it and failing in the process. When Xiao Pai speaks, she has a noticeable accent.
Another bachelor for Rune Factory 4 Special has been detailed. Today we get a look at Doug, a young dwarf who works at the general store. He’s rather hotblooded and quite serious at times. Doug also likes to spend quite a bit of time eating!
Marvelous held another Rune Factory 4 Special live-stream event, which you can check out in full above. There's a lot of new gameplay footage to see. You'll just have to skip around the video to get a look.
Rune Factory 4 Special is getting a 3D Crystal Set release in Japan. This bundle is due out on July 25th, 2019, and includes a copy of the game, as well as a 3D crystal featuring Frey. The crystal comes with an LED stand to really make things pop.
As previously announced, Marvelous held another live-stream event for Rune Factory 4 Special in Japan today. Along with the new animated intro above, some new gameplay details were shared, which you can find below.
- Newlywed Stories aren’t fully voiced, but nearly all lines have voiceovers
- each one of these stories has a proper beginning and ending
- they each unlock as you manage to marry the respective bachelors/bachelorettes
- each one of the stories takes place right after you got married, and before children are born
- these have new short anime cutscenes, and the characters’ portraits are animated
- Ventuswill can’t be married
- “Another Story” mode will have something to do with Ventuswill and will show us ”a new side of her”
- the “Another Story” mode will be detailed on the next stream in June
- voice comments from all of the main cast are accessible in-game
- these messages are quite long, with each actor talking about their experience voicing the game
You can check out the full event live-stream below, which includes a new round of gameplay footage.
The latest bachelorette revealed for Rune Factory 4 Special is Dolce. Dolce starts living in town following an unnamed event. She’s a rather cool woman who always speaks in a pretty sarcastic way, but she sometimes shows a more honest side.
Rune Factory 5 will not release before April 2020. This was announced by Marvelous during their latest financial results conference. The development on the game has only just begun and requires time to be made with care. Marvelous hopes to release the game during the next financial year, which runs from April 1, 2020 until March 31, 2021.
In unrelated news, Marvelous is also considering a brand new Story of Seasons game for consoles. The company considers it an important property that they want to take their time with.