For their TGS 2020 Online stream, Capcom has shared a ton of Monster Hunter Rise footage. You can check out the footage in the video above by using the following timestamps: 1:34:46 to 1:56:11 and 2:28:27 to 2:49:13.
The gameplay footage also revealed some new tidbits that Capcom hasn't shown anywhere else. Here's the most important bits, courtesy of Gaijinhunter.
- there are side areas large monsters will not enter
- you can destroy stuff and find hidden items and buffs
- you can turn off hunter dialog during a hunt
- features fast-gathering and auto-combine
- radial menus return
- you can swap out Palico/Palamute in the camp, access item box, and change your weapon and gear, as well as eat
- an Action Slider lets you issue commands to your Palamute
- you can also use a shortcut menu to issue quick commands and mount
- the Palamute will never die, but if it gets too injured, it will run for a bit and recuperate before returning to battl
- the Wirebug lets you stick to walls and scale them
- Wirebugs require a timed recharge and you can only use two at once
- through a sidequest, you can increase the amount of wirebugs from two to three
- you can use wirebugs to make massive jumps and increase the range of your exploration
- every weapon has its own unique attack combinations and mobility moves in conjunction with the Wirebug