Yesterday we saw a wave of rumors come out about Nintendo's plans to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. series. Those rumors included talk of re-releases and more for classic Mario games. Today we have a few more tidbits on what to expect, and how it'll be released. The info comes courtesy of VGC.
Again, this is all rumor for now, and when Nintendo was asked for confirmation, they said they don't comment on rumor or speculation.
- titles specifically mentioned as heading to Switch include Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy
- this does not mean more titles won't be included, but these are the games verified at the moment
- these will appear as part of an anniversary collection, rather than standard ports to Switch
the name being used internally for the collection is "Super Mario All-Stars 2"
- Super Mario 3D World will be getting the "Deluxe" treatment, just like New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Super Mario 3D World Deluxe will include new levels, as well as other new content
- older Mario games not yet available on the Switch Online NES/SNES Collections may be added